Last Updated on September 2020
ADIC association, with registered office at 1275 Chéserex, Switzerland ("We" or “ADIC”) is committed to safeguarding and respecting your privacy.
TYPE OF DATA WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU:
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- You may provide us information about you by filling in forms on our websites or paper forms during events or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, text or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our websites, subscribe to our service, sign up for newsletters, and when you report a problem with our websites. The information you give us may include your name, physical address, e-mail address, phone number, language and country preferences.
- We may additionally receive and process personal data concerning you through other websites we operate. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- We can also collect other information to administer our websites, such as technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), number of clicks, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, products you viewed or searched for.
- We may also process personal data about you collected within a contractual and/or commercial relationship, such as contact information, physical delivery addresses and other bank/payments details.
WHY ADIC COLLECTS PERSONAL DATA AND HOW IT USES IT:
We hold and process your personal data only if we have a lawful basis for doing so, such as when it is necessary for engaging in a contractual relationship with you, to meet our legitimate interests (i.e. direct marketing activities), to comply with legal requirements or if authorized.
ADIC may use your personal data for some or all of the following purposes:
- Provide information: to provide you with information about a service of ours that you requested. However, you may object to this way of processing your personal data. If you do so, we will stop processing your data.
- Website administration: to administer our websites and for internal operations, including product development, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; to improve our websites and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or for other devices used to access our websites.
- Behavioral evaluation: we may process personal data in order to perform an evaluation, on a group level, of the general behavior of our customers, for system administration and to report aggregated statistical information about browsing patterns and actions.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY PROTECTION:
ADIC does not knowingly collect personal data from children and its websites are not intended for children. If ADIC discovers that it has accidentally collected personal data from children it will delete such data immediately.
ADIC only retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which such data was initially collected and/or in accordance with specific data retention obligations set out by national regulations.
In particular, under Swiss law, the following will apply:
Information on legal transaction between you and ADIC is retained for a period of 10 years after the termination of the legal transaction, in accordance with the general limitation period set for civil claims in Switzerland;
Contact information (names, post and e-mail addresses, phone numbers) used for direct marketing purposes maybe retained for an unlimited period of time, if permissible under the applicable law, unless you ask ADIC to delete your information or to stop processing it otherwise;
Behavioral information is not retained in a form which permits identification.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION:
We may share the personal data you provide to us with any member of our group, including our affiliates, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries for legitimate business purposes.
ADIC may perform some of its functions by relying on third-party suppliers to conduct specialized activities, i.e. in order to assist us in improving our websites or our services es etc. The personal data that you provide may be shared with these suppliers in order to enable them to perform the agreed tasks. However, these providers are required to exclusively use the received information for the respective services on behalf and as instructed by ADIC. ADIC will require such third parties, who may be based outside the country from which you have accessed the ADIC website or services, to comply with all relevant data protection and security requirements in relation to your personal data.
ADIC will not share your personal data with any third party that intends to use it for their direct marketing purposes, unless you have provided specific consent in relation to this.
ADIC may disclose personal information without your consent if the disclosure is:
- required or authorized by law
- required by an enforcement body to investigate unlawful activities
- where we believe that an emergency, illegal activity or some other reasonable basis exists for notifying the relevant authority
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
ADIC may store your personal data in various locations and eventually benefit of the support of external service providers.
Hereafter is a summary listing:
- ADIC local datacenter(s) at ADIC
- ADIC cloud-based datacenter(s)
- Cloud-based systems and online platforms
We will not transfer your data to a recipient located outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), unless this third country where the recipient is located ensures an adequate level of data protection or we have implemented a lawful contract and data transfer mechanism or any other necessary safeguard.
In case of a transfer outside the EEA or in a country with no adequate level of data protection, we are also required to inform you and, you have the right to request us what kind of appropriate safeguarding measures we have implemented in order to protect your personal data.
ADIC establishes the security in accordance with GDPR. Measures taken by our company related to data security will guarantee an adequate level of protection for risks regarding confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of systems and data.
We have implemented security measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and our websites and IT systems have security mechanisms in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under control.
We limit access to personal data about you to our employees and third-party agents, who we reasonably believe need to have access to your information to provide you with the information or services your request from us.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
However, no method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of the transmission of your data to our systems. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
You may contact us and request access anytime to your personal data. We will provide you with a copy of your personal information upon request.
You may request us to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
You may ask us to delete the information we have on your account. However, we must keep track of certain transaction information, for legal compliance purposes, so we may not be able to fully delete your information in certain circumstances.
You may ask us to be unsubscribed from marketing communications at any time. If you wish to unsubscribe from marketing communications, you may do so by clicking the unsubscribe link provided in each email.
You have the right to be informed of any automated decision-making process, including profiling, we may decide to perform.
Where in your opinion the processing of your personal data infringes EU data protection law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant authority in the country where you are based or any place in the EU where you believe the infringement has occurred.
You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us at the address indicated below.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding your personal data, please send us an e-mail to the following address using the contact form.